What could be improved on this menu?
Jul. 11th, 2016 11:22 pmI'm looking for some input on a menu I'm planning. Please assume you are either vegetarian or have no dietary requrements. (NB If I did have someone with other dietary requirements I would of course adjust accordingly). This is a summer menu so is light on purpose.
Starter
Salmon and white fish terrine wrapped in spinach
Vegetable terrine with goats cheese(V)
(Bread, butter, humous and tapenade will be served)
Main
Salmon en croute
Spanakopita (V)
Courgettes with curry spiced oil (v)
Asparagus in butter (v)
Desert
Charlotte Royale
Clafoutis aux Pruneaux
Tarte aux pommes
(Served with cream or a chocolate sauce)
Starter
Salmon and white fish terrine wrapped in spinach
Vegetable terrine with goats cheese(V)
(Bread, butter, humous and tapenade will be served)
Main
Salmon en croute
Spanakopita (V)
Courgettes with curry spiced oil (v)
Asparagus in butter (v)
Desert
Charlotte Royale
Clafoutis aux Pruneaux
Tarte aux pommes
(Served with cream or a chocolate sauce)
no subject
Date: 2016-07-12 06:52 am (UTC)I think I'd add a tomato salad to the main course, with a vinegar rather than oil dressing. The green vegetables will be very nice, but the course is quite oily overall.
no subject
Date: 2016-07-12 07:33 am (UTC)But my main thought in menu is Nom!
no subject
Date: 2016-07-12 01:58 pm (UTC)attendees whether they liked the stuff .
no subject
Date: 2016-07-12 02:32 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-07-12 02:48 pm (UTC)If it is a very formal meal, I would try not to repeat salmon and cheese from course to course. Salmon is of course a very good choice if you want to do a croute but terrines can be done with almost anything.
If you do want to repeat the salmon,you could make one of the salmons cold or hot smoked and pass it off as a salmon tasting menu.
Also, agree about the oil level for the mains -especially without potatoes to soak it up.